Weird polygon lining on maps.

Place to ask for help about the game or dedicated servers

Moderator: Project Staff

Weird polygon lining on maps.

Postby StealthWaffl5 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:32 pm

In the game while playing on certain maps, i can see parts the map where the polygons and geometry form via thin white lines, im not sure if this is normal for others or a graphical glitch, i would appreciate if anyone had any advice or help for me.Thanks.
StealthWaffl5
Beginner
Beginner

Is a diamond in the rough

Re: Weird polygon lining on maps.

Postby UF ShadowTeddy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:37 pm

Check your anti-aliasing settings.

What AA do you use ingame, and what's your GPU settings for H2? If you dont have a profile for halo2.exe, i suggest making one.
Ready?...1,2,3 FIRE!
UF ShadowTeddy
UnAuthorized
UnAuthorized

Postby StealthWaffl5 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:39 pm

i have a gtx 750 and i play at 4x anti aliasing. and what do you mean by making an profile for the .exe?
update:
i noticed the lines do not appear when anti aliasing is off. Is there a way remove the line problem and keep the anti aliasing?
StealthWaffl5
Beginner
Beginner

Postby PtolemaiosIV » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:13 pm

StealthWaffl5 wrote:i have a gtx 750 and i play at 4x anti aliasing. and what do you mean by making an profile for the .exe?
update:
i noticed the lines do not appear when anti aliasing is off. Is there a way remove the line problem and keep the anti aliasing?

This is most likely a driver issue. Try updating your drivers and see if that helps. If you are already on the latest version, try rolling back.

Also, the in game anti aliasing for Halo 2 is nothing compared to the graphical fidelity you can achieve using the anti aliasing settings provided to you in the NVIDIA Control Panel.
PtolemaiosIV
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Big TwEEkx » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:18 pm

I get these lines too on nvidia. Its an old game
Big TwEEkx
Hacker
Hacker

Postby UncutFighter » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:39 am

This was caused by an update to the Nvidia drivers / control panel back in 2010. Turn off Anti Aliasing and go into your Nvidia control panel and either turn AA to "Application Controlled" or just turn it off for a profile made for H2V. If you still have them check for other Anti Aliasing related settings such as "AA Gamma correction".

It is possible to tweek your settings around and get AA to work and not have the lines but it appears to be different from GPU to GPU from what I've seen so far. I may be wrong though.
UncutFighter
Overlord
Overlord

Return to Help