Weird polygon lining on maps.

Place to ask for help about the game or dedicated servers

Weird polygon lining on maps.

Postby StealthWaffl5 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:32 pm

In the game while playing on certain maps, i can see parts the map where the polygons and geometry form via thin white lines, im not sure if this is normal for others or a graphical glitch, i would appreciate if anyone had any advice or help for me.Thanks.
StealthWaffl5
Beginner
Beginner

Reputation point: 0

Re: Weird polygon lining on maps.

Postby UF ShadowTeddy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:37 pm

Check your anti-aliasing settings.

What AA do you use ingame, and what's your GPU settings for H2? If you dont have a profile for halo2.exe, i suggest making one.
Ready?...1,2,3 FIRE!
UF ShadowTeddy
UnAuthorized
UnAuthorized

Reputation point: 51

Postby StealthWaffl5 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:39 pm

i have a gtx 750 and i play at 4x anti aliasing. and what do you mean by making an profile for the .exe?
update:
i noticed the lines do not appear when anti aliasing is off. Is there a way remove the line problem and keep the anti aliasing?
StealthWaffl5
Beginner
Beginner

Reputation point: 0

Postby PtolemaiosIV » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:13 pm

StealthWaffl5 wrote:i have a gtx 750 and i play at 4x anti aliasing. and what do you mean by making an profile for the .exe?
update:
i noticed the lines do not appear when anti aliasing is off. Is there a way remove the line problem and keep the anti aliasing?

This is most likely a driver issue. Try updating your drivers and see if that helps. If you are already on the latest version, try rolling back.

Also, the in game anti aliasing for Halo 2 is nothing compared to the graphical fidelity you can achieve using the anti aliasing settings provided to you in the NVIDIA Control Panel.
PtolemaiosIV
Experienced
Experienced

Reputation point: 3

Return to Help