Halo: The Master Chief Collection revealed

Post anything you want!

Halo: The Master Chief Collection revealed

Postby | SCRAPY | » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:55 pm

343 Games has announced Halo: The Master Chief Collection which will contain updated versions of all four core entries in the sci-fi shooter series.

The game will feature a single user-interface all on one disc with which you can play Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 3 and Halo 4. An incredible list of games, by all accounts.

Halo 2 will be given "the full anniversary treatment" including the classic multiplayer modes of the original game and the ability to switch between classic and updated visuals. Each game will run in 1080p 60fps in their original engines.

The game will be released on November 11th exclusively for Xbox One and will come packed with access to the Halo 5: Guardians beta. You can view the reveal trailer below.

| SCRAPY |
UnAuthorized
UnAuthorized

Reputation point: 6

Re: Halo: The Master Chief Collection revealed

Postby emokid117 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:58 pm

sigh....still nothing for PC :(
ΞмФŧĩǿŊΛĽ мϋžĨЌ ǿѵэяĐøșε

keeping this awesome forum alive...
emokid117
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Reputation point: 2

Postby Kills Alone » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:01 pm

From what I've read they are only doing six maps from H2. That is beyond lame when there were so many great H2 MP maps, perhaps they will do DLC MP maps later?

EDIT: Watching the longer video it seems they are doing all the maps? Then I'm not sure what the only six maps thing was about...?...

Other things I don't like about it; SMGs are still the starting weapon (at least in the Ascension video I linked below). We all know that the BR should be starting with Shotgun or SMG secondary, so you have close and mid range covered.

A minor tweak like making the Plasma Pistol able to disable vehicles as it does in later Halos would be a solid non-game breaking change.

I read that all the games would feature 4 player co-op, but then during the Cairo Station video they said H1 & H2 will only support 2 player co-op. :( They did say that all of the Halos will support Forge which is great as Forge was originally created for H2 (as was Theater mode). Of course I want PC version and a real HEK, imagine being able to Forge on your own custom map.

They make a big deal out of 60FPS and Dedicated servers, funny how console players always acted like these features did not matter. And many people are making comments about how this is a first for Halo. Not for HCE and H2v.

During the same video the player/announcer made a comment about Vistas Popping....fuck you Microsoft. Just go fuck yourself.

The graphics do look amazing (Halo 4 engine or a similar graphics engine to HCEA), so I am disappointed that at the very least we do not get a XB360 release of H2A when we known that is possible on that hardware. There is still the chance that they will throw us PC gamers a bone, either was its gonna have an X attached to it.

Kills Alone
UnAuthorized
UnAuthorized

Reputation point: 11

Postby PalleteRider » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:05 pm

I'm still having trouble to breath; too much Halo stuff for me to absorb!
PalleteRider
Famous
Famous

Reputation point: 1

Postby Kills Alone » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:12 pm

This video explains a lot more:

Kills Alone
UnAuthorized
UnAuthorized

Postby Twinreaper » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:41 pm

It's just complete bullshit any way you slice it. Iirc they promised an update to our game or information on an update to Halo 2. Guess we should have asked which platform they were talking about.

Microsoft hates PC gamers and this only goes to show it even more. What better way to kill US off, than release halo 2 on the Xbox 1 with it's multiplayer? Whi the fucks gonna want to come here to play PC with us when they can Forge on halo 2 maps?!

I hate to say it, but as of this very moment I am officially through with Halo and Microsoft. All my maps and content are going to be purged from my system as I no longer have any reason to care. Halo 2 you were fun while you lasted. And again FUCK YOU MICROSOFT!
Twinreaper
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Kills Alone » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:50 pm

Its pretty annoying from our perspective. Every time the PC versions are mentioned they cringe or cannot even make a complete sentence because inside they all know they are bought men would could deliver a better product but choose to follow the money hats instead.

They couldn't even finish the E3 Demo, they only had infinite resources and eleven years. With the proper H2EK our team could have recreated the E3 Demo map in less then a month. They still have all the original assets, it would take them a short amount of time to fix the BSP/relight it, redo the faulty scripts, replace the models with their newer H2 incarnations, and deliver on that original promise. Perhaps the new cinematics incorporate that scene? Doubtful. New and improved cinematics are great but do not equate to new playable content, we all know that H2 was missing a proper beginning and an ending.
Kills Alone
UnAuthorized
UnAuthorized

Postby Twinreaper » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:56 pm

Thats true Kills. And lets not forget the broken Halo 4 they shipped, likely due to having worked on thiscollection since work on CEA finished. It is quite funny how many players rave and cry about how great Halo 2 was and how much they played it, yet where were these supposed "loyal" halo 2 fans for the PC version? The only thing the PC didnt offer was stats. The clan function was pointless as there are tons of side apps like Xfire that take care of that.

Fuck console fanboys and the piece of ahit they are passing off. They are desteoying the mempry of Halo 2.
Twinreaper
Veteran
Veteran

Postby PalleteRider » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:45 am

You know, I was kinda afraid the anniversary version was going just to be a graphical and sound upgrades; I really wanted 343 to update the campaign level designs. To me, most of the levels felt claustrophobic. But who knows, maybe the new graphics might help to change that??
PalleteRider
Famous
Famous

Reputation point: 1

Postby Kills Alone » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:05 am

Halo 2: Anniversary Comparisons

http://imgur.com/a/Dstd1

---------

They screwed up when they said no PC exclusive maps unless they specifically meant HCE at that point because this pic shows both District & Uplift:

---------

And some better quality gameplay videos:

---------

Something I didn't notice before; they added backpack weapons to H2! They said they wanted to keep the original gameplay and while I am not saying this is a terrible change it is none-the-less, a really big change to the H2 gameplay. Hiding that secondary weapon was always an optional part of the game, no longer.
Kills Alone
UnAuthorized
UnAuthorized

Next

Return to Off Topic