[MOD] H2MT - Halo 2.5 - Game+ Pack for Halo 2 PC

This is the place to release, mods for the game, applications, server tools, programs. etc.
However any harmful hack may be removed, don't be upset.

Moderator: Creator

[MOD] H2MT - Halo 2.5 - Game+ Pack for Halo 2 PC

Postby Kills Alone » Fri May 03, 2013 7:48 am

Halo 2.5 - Game+ Pack for Halo 2 PC
aka Project Lazarus

MODS

By Halo2Vista.com & the H2MT Crew
Kantanomo, Kills Alone, Kiwi, Shock120, SuperSniper, & others

Released May 3rd, 2013
Updated July 17th, 2013
Links updated March 10th, 2016

ABOUT:

The Halo 2.5 - Game+ Pack includes the latest version of the MainMenu Mod along with other enhancements that incorporate changes and research by the H2PC community. This builds on-top of the previous H2MT MainMenu Mod releases originally conceived by Shock120.

The MainMenu has already been updated so this is a simple operation; install the prerequisite files, then drag and drop the files in the second folder to the H2V install directory.

I'm tired of people asking me for help on Live instead of through our forums; this install is easy as long as you read and follow the directions.

Install whats in Folder 1, then drag and drop Folder 2's contents to the H2V install folder. Now you can use the links in Folder 3 to download some H2.5 maps and copy them to the custom map directory (which is not the same as the default maps dir). I explain the exact location of these directories down below.

If you do not know how to navigate your hard drive with Windows Explorer then you should not be using this mod or a computer at all. If you see me in-game, I am not fucking Google; don't waste my time when you refuse to read the directions. ;) If you are lost then ask on here so everyone that reads this thread can benefit from the details.

If you choose to install the optional DSfix Graphics Mod then you will also need to edit a text file to set the resolution and fps limits.

CONTENTS & FEATURES:

-Short H2MT Intro replacing the Microsoft Intro

-Longsword at Menu instead of large Alien Ship

-Brown background at Menu

-Anti-Crash support

-H2x FoV Fix

-Ranks support on servers that support it such as SiC (ask us how to add this to your dedicated server)

-Custom Map Restriction Remover for full H2.5 (Halo 2.5) support

-Campaign maps available from default MP map menu for easier COOP support

-Slot support for 10 maps - this method of loading maps is more for map makers at this point in time but can also serve as extra space to place maps when you have run out of room in the custom map directory

-One slot01.map (H2.5 Desolation) place-holder file so that the MainMenu does not complain about anything missing and needing to be reinstalled

OPTIONAL MOD::

-DSfix Graphics Mod that will allow any resolution, removes fps limit, and allows windowed-mode without the borders (through edit of a text file)
*This mod is now optional because it has caused issues for some users, while others have little or no problem what-so-ever

ADDITIONAL MODS:

-Ambiguous Alpha 2.5 & Beta 1.0 - Real-Time Editing & More

-Blu Trainer vK2 - Camera Controls - by Kantanomo

-Cheat Engine 5.6 & 6.1 with some good .CT files

-Extra DLL mods

-Gravemind 1.5 & 1.6B by Grimdoomer & Kantanomo - Compiled Map Editor - Plugins by Shock120

-Heaven2Vista - Adjusts the bloom brightness - by Ryx

-HUD Removal - by Sherbox

-Map Resigner - by Kantanomo

-MF.dll - In case there are future activation issues

-Mr. Mohawk 1.0-1.2 - Compiled Map Editor - by Patrick H

-Windows 8 - How to disable ASLR - Helpful info collected by Shock120

FILES (7-Zip archive):
Download Via OneDrive
145MBs Compressed (~206MBs Extracted)

INSTALLATION:

1) Open the folder labeled 1. Install These First and install the prerequisite files.

2) Open the folder labeled 2. Copy Contents to H2PC Install Directory, overwrite when asked, to avoid any problems I have included a BACKUP of the unmodified MainMenu.map, so do not worry about that.

3) Download H2MT H2.5 and standard H2MT custom maps with the included H2PC Launcher & H2Unlocker or visit here for individual maps or the all in one package:
http://www.halo2vista.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=141

Custom maps go here:
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Halo 2\Maps

Never have more then ~48 maps in that directory, if you do the extra maps will not be visible in-game. So copy the maps you play the least and put them in a
BACKUPS sub-directory.

4) Play the game, load an H2.5 map from the custom map menu. Other players can download the maps and play with you as long as they also have the Custom Map Restriction Remover installed and working.

ERRORS:

If you get any errors you can rename or remove these four DLLs from the game's installation directory:
_dsound.dll
dsound.dll
Map.dll

This will disable most of the changes. We have tested this Halo 2.5 - Game+ Pack on Windows 7 and Windows 8 x64.

*OPTIONAL STEPS* If you also want the DSfix Graphics Mod installed do the following:

5) From the files that you just moved in step 2; locate and open the sub-folder called MOD, then open the folder called DSfix.

6) Copy all of the files and folder and place them in the H2V installation directory

7) Open DSfix.ini, this file MUST be edited and set to your desired resolution.

Edit these values:
renderWidth 1680 <----set to your desired resolution's Width
renderHeight 1050 <----set to your desired resolution's Height

presentWidth 1680 <----set to your desired resolution's Width
presentHeight 1050 <----set to your desired resolution's Height

Now look at the following and set according to your preferences:
unlockFPS 1 <----1 means unlock enabled, 0 means disabled
FPSlimit 120 <----Can be set to 120, 60, 30, or whatever you want

ERRORS:

If you get any errors you can rename or remove this DLL from the game's installation directory:
DINPUT8.dll

This will disable the DSfix Graphics Mod.

If you encounter any issues please let us know.

ABOUT THE H2MT CREW:

Spoiler:
The Halo 2 Map/Mod Team has been around for years now. We create custom maps, mods, applications, videos and other content for Halo 2 Vista (aka Halo 2 PC or H2V).

We have some members that also work with Halo 2 for the original XBOX and Halo Custom Edition for the PC.

Some of the members act as consultants and error finders while others create new BSPs (terrain or geometry) to battle over.

The team has released a few mods that enhance gameplay rather then taking away from it, mods such as the MainMenu Mod, Blu Trainer vK2 and Ambiguous Alpha & Beta (the first Real-Time H2V Editor).

A few members have created tools that now allow us access to enhanced Real Time Editing capabilities while others have ported maps and content from various Halo games.

We now have a large pool of custom BSPs, weapons, vehicles, HUDs, shaders, bitmaps, new crates, active scenery, skys, scripts and more to choose from.

When a project has reached an acceptable level of completion we choose to share most of our source files as we believe that the community can grow and learn with more ease through proper existing examples.

We are not actively searching for new members at this time, particularly novices, but if you feel you have some skills that could help us expand the Halo Universe please contact us through the H2PC Forums.

H2MT members past and present:

AvengerofDeath2

B4M_TwinReaper

Baltic Beazt

Computron

Garanas

JohnnyBlaz20

Kantanomo

KILLER CHIEF

Kills Alone

Kirby_422

PCTechmaster07

PirateEggs

Shock120

Skiddy 632

Slaters Fury

StatutorytrOy

Super PolarBear

SuperSniper

XHN_SCRAPY

ZeroErrors
Kills Alone
UnAuthorized
UnAuthorized

Reputation point: 11

Re: [MOD] H2MT - Halo 2.5 - Game+ Pack for Halo 2 PC

Postby Twinreaper » Fri May 03, 2013 8:04 am

Nice work guys! Heres to hoping that all this will still get some use after next month. Any word on getting dedicated servers recognized post server list shutdown? I think that information posted with this, would make it more valuable for players to want to download.
Twinreaper
Veteran
Veteran

Reputation point: 2

Postby Kills Alone » Fri May 03, 2013 8:39 am

Thats the idea; make Halo 2 PC better and hopefully Kant and Kiwi have luck with reproducing the server list.
Kills Alone
UnAuthorized
UnAuthorized

Postby SIC Avenged » Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 pm

AWESOME
SIC Avenged
Spammer
Spammer

Reputation point: 5

Postby J2. » Thu May 16, 2013 1:32 pm

Had No idea about this. I know what i'm doing when i get home(:
-Signed by J2
I play GOW and Halo 2.
J2.
Beginner
Beginner

Reputation point: 0

Postby Kills Alone » Thu May 16, 2013 7:06 pm

The more people you recommend it to the better the game, let me know if you experience any problems.

-----------------------

J2:
The only problem i had was FPS. It just seemed really low. I can play at about 60 FPS and record. But i was struggling. Im not sure why. It just seemed that the FPS just kept lagging. It would be good for a bit then it would just dip. it was like this the entire time i played today. Any ideas?

Think I know why, go to your Halo 2 installation directory.

Open this file DSfix.ini, it should open with Notepad so you can read and edit it.

Try disabling the FPS unlock, find the following fields:
unlockFPS 1
FPSlimit 120

And set them to:
unlockFPS 0
FPSlimit 60

I also set it so H2V runs in Windowed mode but without the borders (which makes it run better on my system):

borderlessFullscreen 1

Set that to 0 if its still running slow.

Let me know if that does not help. There is more we can do, I believe I included a DSfix.ini.BACKUP or .ORIGINAL or whatever I called it, if you use that one remember to adjust the resolution again. This graphics mod is based on a mod for Dark Souls, it can be disabled while the rest of the features will still work, but I don't think it will need to be if you experiment with those fields I pointed out.
Kills Alone
UnAuthorized
UnAuthorized

Postby PCG SnipingGod » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:32 am

I really like this pack. Totally works for me except that there is a bit of lag for me. Great Job!
PCG SnipingGod
Beginner
Beginner

Reputation point: 0

Postby Kills Alone » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:49 am

If you get lag tweak the settings in: DSfix.ini in your H2V install directory.

-Try disabling the FPS limit remover by setting it to: unlockFPS 0

-Then set FPSlimit 120 to: FPSlimit 60.

-Then set borderlessFullscreen 1 to: borderlessFullscreen 0.

If you still have lag check these settings on the bottom of the file:
forceWindowed 1
forceFullscreen 0

Swap their values to:
forceWindowed 0
forceFullscreen 1

One or all of these settings can cause some issues, if you still get lag then just rename the file DSfix.ini to DSfix.ini.BACKUP.

*Let me know what helps you so I can tweak the file better for future users. :)
Kills Alone
UnAuthorized
UnAuthorized

Postby emokid117 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:18 am

is this already the final build? or will this still be updated? kinda noobish question isn't it? just curious though...
ΞмФŧĩǿŊΛĽ мϋžĨЌ ǿѵэяĐøșε

keeping this awesome forum alive...
emokid117
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Reputation point: 2

Postby Kills Alone » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:18 am

Its pretty solid, I may update it a little based on feed-back I get here. The H2.5 maps are the main part that need to be finished.

Once its all ready I'd like to compile it all together with the H2V install files and make an updated ISO (CD image) so when someone installs the game they get all the custom maps and mods with minimal setup or tweaking.
Kills Alone
UnAuthorized
UnAuthorized

Next

Return to Releases